She is the daughter of Marc Evans and Penny Adkins. Adele’s mother gave birth to Adele in 1988 in London. Adele was raised up by her mother since the dad abandoned the family when Adele was just two years old.
Penny Adkins used to work as a furniture maker and also an event organizer. Adele wasn’t in love with books so much. No wonder in her childhood, she spent most of her time singing. When she came of age to go to school, she joined BRIT School for Performing Arts & Technology in Croydon, which she credits for nurturing her talent.
Today Adele is an icon for the LGBT community. She is a married woman, and the lucky man is none other but Old Etonian Simon Konecki, whom she had been dating since 2011. The couple has a son who was born in October, and currently, they live in East Grinstead.
Age, Height, and Weight
Being born on 5 May 1988, Adele is 33 years old as of today’s date 29th August 2021. Her height is 1.75 m tall, and her weight is 55 kg.
Adele’s career into music was initiated by one of her friends who posted a demo of a song she recorded to Myspace, which turned to be a hit, and that made her get to be noticed by XL Recordings boss who signed her up in 2006.
Her music breakthrough song was “Hometown Glory,” which she released in 2007. Adele debut album titled 19 was released 2008, and it was commercially very successful. The album made her win several awards, and very positive predictions about her future were foreseen, i.e., the Billboard magazine predicted that Adele has the capacity to be among the most respected international artist.
Between 2011 and 2014, Adele released her second music album titled 21, which was inspired by the breakup with her first boyfriend then. The album had two very successful songs titled “Someone Like You” and “Rolling in Deep.” The two songs made her name to be in scripted in the books of Official Singles Chart and Official Albums Chart history as she became the first artist to have two songs in the top five.21 album was commercially successful since it sold over 31 million copies making it be the most commercially best-selling album in the UK in 21 century and even stayed in Billboard 200 chart more times than any other album by a female artist.
Between 2015 to date, Adele released an album titled 25, which was an end to age trilogy of naming her albums. The album had very successful and super hit singles that won her numerous awards and even broke world records. Some of the songs in the album that was very commercially successful is “Hello” that had over 1 billion views in just 88 days.25 became the best-selling album in 2015 and 2016.
Awards & Achievements
Adele is one of the most awarded music artists on earth. Some of her awards are 4 BBC Music Awards, 18 Billboard Music Awards, 10 BMI London Awards, 9 Brit Awards, 15 Grammy Awards, 11 Guinness World Records, among others. In total, Adele has won 147 awards and has been received 301 nominations.
50 Adele Quotes About Life & Music
1. “Heartbreak can definitely give you a deeper sensibility for writing songs. I drew on a lot of heartbreak when I was writing my first album, I didn’t mean to but I just did.” – Adele
2. “I don’t really need to stand out, there’s room for everyone. Although I haven’t built a niche yet, I’m just writing love songs.” – Adele
3. “I doubt I’ll be singing forever, because at some point people aren’t going to want to hear my music, and I hope that I’ll still get the opportunity to write songs.” – Adele
4. “I think it’s shameful when you sell out. It depends what kind of artist you wanna be, but I don’t want my name anywhere near another brand.” – Adele
5. “I’m like Johnny Cash. I only wear black.” – Adele
6. “I’ve never had a problem with the way I look. I’d rather go for lunch with my friends than go to a gym.” – Adele
7. “Let the sky fall, when it crumbles – We will stand tall – Face it all together.” – Adele
8th of 50 Adele Quotes
8. “People think that I popped out of my mother’s womb singing ‘Chasing Pavements’.” – Adele
9. “The scars of your love remind me of us they keep me thinking that we almost had it all the scars of your love they leave me breathless I can’t help feeling we could have had it all.” – Adele
10. “You have to prioritize what you stress about when you have a child.” – Adele
11. “Don’t underestimate the things that I will do.” – Adele
12. “I don’t make music for eyes. I make music for ears.” – Adele
13. “I don’t have time to worry about something as petty as what I look like.” – Adele
14. “I love hearing my audience breathe.” – Adele
15. “I won’t let you close enough to hurt me.” – Adele
16. “I’ve never been more normal than I am now.” – Adele
17. “In the songs I can still be really really direct but in interviews when I’m explaining my songs I shouldn’t be so direct about who they’re about.” – Adele
18th of 50 Adele Quotes
18. “People are starting to go on about my weight but I’m not going to change my size because they don’t like the way I look.” – Adele
19. “The focus on my appearance has really surprised me. I’ve always been a size 14 to 16, I don’t care about clothes, I’d rather spend my money on cigarettes and booze.” – Adele
20. “Where you go, I go, What you see, I see, I know I’d never be me without the security, Are your loving arms keeping me from harm Put your hands in my hand & we’ll stand.” – Adele
21. “Be brave and fearless to know that even if you do make a wrong decision, you’re making it for a good reason.” – Adele
22. “I don’t like going to the gym.” – Adele
23. “I don’t write songs about a specific, elusive thing. I write about love, and everyone knows what it is like to have your heart broken.” – Adele
24. “I like having my hair and face done, but I’m not going to lose weight because someone tells me to. I make music to be a musician not to be on the cover of Playboy.” – Adele
25. “I will not do festivals. The thought of an audience that big frightens the life out of me.” – Adele
26. “I’ve got some news… I’m delighted to announce that Simon and I are expecting our first child together. I wanted you to hear the news direct from me, obviously we’re over the moon.” – Adele
27. “If I were a writer and not a singer in 10 years, I don’t know how I’d feel about writing really personal songs and getting someone else to sing them.” – Adele
28th of 50 Adele Quotes
28. “Nothing that I wouldn’t do, to make you feel my love.” – Adele
29. “Sometimes my songs wander off a bit and are not always coherent.” – Adele
30. “Whenever I’m about to eat meat I always see my little dog’s eyes.” – Adele
31. “Americans are always mortified when I tell them this, but in England, it’s a tradition to put your plaques and photographs and awards and gold records and stuff in your bathroom. I don’t know why.” – Adele
32. “I can’t dance to save my life.” – Adele
33. “I don’t want to be in everyone’s face. I’m a big music fan, and I get really pissed off when it gets like that and I don’t want people to get like that with me.” – Adele
34. “I have never been insecure, ever, about how I look, about what I want to do with myself. My mum told me to only ever do things for myself, not for others.” – Adele
35. “I was about to meet Beyonce, and I had a full-blown anxiety attack. Then she popped in looking gorgeous, and said, You’re amazing! When I listen to you I feel like I’m listening to God.” – Adele
36. “I’ve always written down how I feel.” – Adele
37. “I’ve seen people where it rules their lives, you know, who want to be thinner or have bigger boobs, and how it wears them down. And I just don’t want that in my life.” – Adele
38th of 50 Adele Quotes
38. “My worst fear is my music won’t connect with the public.” – Adele
39. “Should I give up or should I just keep chasing pavement, even if it leads nowhere?” – Adele
40. “We could have had it all…….” – Adele
41. “A drunk tongue is an honest one in my opinion.” – Adele
42. “I am never writing a breakup record again, by the way. I’m done with being a bitter witch.” – Adele
43. “I don’t rely on my figure to sell records.” – Adele
44. “I have insecurities of course, but I don’t hang out with anyone who points them out to me.” – Adele
45. “I want to go and see things as a fan again. I am a fan, but I can’t remember what it feels like to be a fan anymore. Because I’ve become an artist. I’ve become the artist.” – Adele
46. “I’m nervous whenever I perform.” – Adele
47. “I’ve never wanted to look like models on the cover of magazines. I represent the majority of women and I’m very proud of that.” – Adele
48th of 50 Adele Quotes
48. “Music isn`t for the eyes, it`s for the ears.” – Adele
49. “Regrets and Mistakes, they’re Memories made.” – Adele
50. “There’s a fire starting in my heart.” – Adele
Thanks for checking out this collection of quotes from Adele! Don’t forget to share them on social media with your friends and family.